Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 (1/2 English muffin per serving)
- 8 oz. lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 whole grain English muffins, split
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. white or cider vinegar
- Lemon wedge
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Hollandaise sauce (optional)
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper, as desired
1. Put crabmeat in a medium bowl; add mustard and lemon juice to crabmeat, mix until well combined. Set aside.
2. Lightly toast English muffin halves. Mash one quarter of avocado on top of each toasted English muffin half, then sprinkle each with a dash of coarse sea salt. Top each muffin with crab mixture.
3. In a clean skillet, bring 1-inch water and vinegar to a simmer over medium-high heat. Gently crack each egg into the simmering water. Let eggs simmer until egg whites are set but yolks are still slightly runny (about 3-4 minutes). Use a slotted spoon to drain the eggs. Then place a poached egg on top of each crab mixture.
4. Squeeze a little lemon juice from wedge on top of each egg and sprinkle with a dash of salt and black pepper. Drizzle with hot sauce or prepared hollandaise sauce, if desired.
Recipe Compliments of Dish on Fish