This dish is a great and easy play on a classic New England style lobster roll. It’s easy to make and easy to amend and play around with. Feel free to omit or add ingredients as necessary including things like fresh herbs, mustard, or different seasonings.
Serves Approx. 4
- 1 lbs Coastal Seafood Brand 16-20 Shrimp (Poached & Cut into Bite Sized Pieces)
- 1/3 Cup Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Celery
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Green Onion (Greens only)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 oz Butter
- 4 Bakery Fresh, Soft Sandwich Rolls
- Combine mayo, celery, onion, Old Bay, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp and fold together with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a bread knife, split the rolls 2/3 of the way down the long way to open.
- Add 1 oz of butter to a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add in the rolls and gently toast each side.
- Add the remaining butter and open the rolls and gently toast the interior.
- Remove the rolls from the heat and stuff with the pre-mixed shrimp salad.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of old bay and additional green onions.
Optional Salad Fillings & Garnishes
If you’re looking to ramp up your shrimp rolls, consider using chives, tarragon, dill, red onion, capers, Dijon mustard, or hot sauce.