This dish couldn’t be simpler. You could easily buy Coastal Seafoods pre-cooked shrimp and house-made cocktail sauce, but if you want to give it a go on your own, we commend you for the extra effort and surely your guests will too!
Serves Approx. 4
- 1 lbs Coastal Seafood Brand 16-20 Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- Zest of Half a Lemon
- Freshly Chopped Parsley, Dill, or Tarragon (Optional)
FOR COCKTAIL SAUCE | Optional
- ¼ Cup Chili Sauce
- ¼ Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Prepared Horse Radish
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Fill a medium sized sauce pot halfway up with water and place over medium high heat. Add in the salt, peppercorns, coriander seeds, and lemon zest and bring to a simmer.
- Once the water is simmering, lower the heat until the mixture is at a very light simmer, barely bubbling.
- Add in the Shrimp and poach just until the shrimp turn pink (about 1 ½-2 minutes).
- Strain the shrimp from the liquid and cool.
- For the cocktail sauce, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, horse radish, and lemon juice together in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Plate the shrimp and serve the cocktail sauce on the side.
- Garnish with lemon and freshly chopped parsley, dill, or tarragon (optional)